Thursday, January 15, 2015

TO LOSE WEIGHT, RUN IS BETTER THAN SMOKING!


Many people smoke to avoid fat or not to worsen their overweight. But there is a much better way, and much less expensive: running!


Running helps you lose weight

Smoking, and one of its active ingredients, nicotine, lead in fact a general metabolic activation and elevated total caloric expenditure, which, if your contributions are not increased, will lead to a slight weight loss. But the race also active metabolism up, even outside of the calories you spend! It is estimated that 15 to 20 minutes of daily course equivalent to the effect on the weight of a pack of cigarettes. Many people aware of the dangers of smoking have therefore started running to break the cycle of dependency. All attempts are not always successful. However, we chose to tell the story of the ultra-Christian traileur Schiester, the Austrian who is one of those sacred monsters of endurance.

Runner extreme: an unusual career

Last winter, he crossed the desert of Sinai in Egypt, 500 kilometers (5000 meters of elevation gain) in 73 hours. In the heat. To meet this challenge, Schiester had also resulted in making the running in a sauna. Previously, he had made the current opposite approach in a refrigerated room in preparation for a race in Antarctica (100 km). "I need to force myself goals a little crazy," he says. "That was the case when I started in 1989. At the time, it was just to stop smoking." Admittedly Schiester already smoked like a champion! "At 22, I was in two packs of cigarettes a day, sometimes three when the evening dragged on. All that mattered to me was to have a drink and have a good time with my friends. Finally, I was just following the customs of my village where they are major concerns: drinking, smoking, eat. "

Trouble!

"One day I realized that I had exceeded 100 pounds bar." But there was also shortness of breath: "So today my resting pulse rate is around 32 beats per minute, while I was at 93." To her doctor, it's time to sound the alarm. "He told me that at this rate, I do not fĂȘterais my thirtieth birthday." The Austrian then takes this existence flu. "No more alcohol, tobacco, junk food." More radical still, it removes the meat, bread and dairy products. And he starts to run.
Slow start

"At first I could not exceed two minutes without stopping. People made fun of me in the village. But I got hooked and, little by little, I felt my body transform." A year and a half later, Schiester ends on New York City Marathon. Then he continues. "Between 1992 and 2002 I won 26 races to national semi championships marathon, cross country and mountain running." Since he stopped smoking, not a day went by without it puts on his shoes. "Everything depends on deadlines but I can run up to 340 miles a week." The Austrian readily acknowledges that no drug has replaced another. "Except that running allowed me to travel and discover unusual places. Unlike tobacco that brought me nothing at all! And then, if I have learned anything from all this history, is that it is better to mistreat her body. Otherwise, he is abusing you. "

No comments:

Post a Comment